A biographical journey through the career of legendary wrestling color commentator, Tony Schiavone, as told through comics!
Latest Updates from Our Project:
QUICK UPDATE: All U.S. Shipping is Free, including for Add-Ons!
12 days ago
– Mon, May 03, 2021 at 02:45:28 AM
I was doing my first signing in 14 months at PackratComics in Hilliard, Ohio yesterday (and thanks to all of you who came out to say "Hello") when I got word that a few of you who used the BackerKit to include some Add-Ons to your pledge were incorrectly charged shipping for the Add-Ons.
This was a glitch in the system that was quickly fixed. Domestic U.S. shipping remains FREE, and Source Point Press acted with immediacy to correct the glitch as soon as they were made aware of it.
If you were one of the few people who got caught in that brief window of error, please know it has since been corrected and anyone affected has been issued a credit/refund to your account.
Again, we know this only affected a few of you, but we wanted to let you all know it was handled!
Representing team BUTTS IN SEATS,
P.S. -- That "Get to Know Dirk Manning" add-on that offers a copy of TALES OF MR. RHEE Volume 3 is a sweet treat at a great price, and it's not only a perfect introduction to my longest-running comic series, but also a good way to get a "taste" of what my next Kickstarter campaign will be! If you like horror or scary stuff (or know someone who does), be sure to snag a copy at that deep discount price while you can! It will be included in your box of goodies with FREE SHIPPING too! Thanks all!
BackerKits are coming soon!
14 days ago
– Sat, May 01, 2021 at 02:31:04 AM
We set a few new records, friends!
First and foremost, again, on behalf of the whole team, THANK YOU to all of you for your support of BUTTS IN SEATS: THE TONY SCHIAVONE STORY.
After doing a little digging around, it seems this book is not only in the Top 100 Funded Graphic Novels on Kickstarter of All Time (putting us in company alongside Keanu Reeves -- yes, seriously!), but it's also the #1 Funded Wrestling Graphic Novel on Kickstarter of all time! Wooooooooooooo!
These are huge, huge accomplishments... and we thank you all for it. Truly.
BackerKits are coming soon!
The BackerKit links will be sent out soon to the e-mail connected to your Kickstarter (the same e-mail where you got notice of this message), so be ready! BackerKit is basically like an online shopping cart that will be per-populated with what you already ordered... and you'll also have a chance to add-on some cool extras, too, if you really want to "treat yo'self."
(Spoiler: In preparation of my next Kickstarter-released graphic novel in the horror/noir TALES OF MR. RHEE series, I'm offering one of the stand-alone graphic novels at in the series at a super-discounted price... so if you like scary stuff, get ready!)
Cameo Backers: Did you get me your photos yet?
If you are one of the lucky 13 backers who managed to pledge at the "Hey Look! That's Me!" level, be sure to check the last update that was sent (it was only sent directly to those of you who backed at that pledge level) so you can get me your photos! The art for the book is primarily finished, and we just need to get all of you drawn-in to finish everything and send the files to the printer!
If you happen to be in the Buckeye State this Saturday...
Finally, if you happen to be in the Columbus, Ohio area, feel free to c'mon out to PackratComics in Hillard, Ohio this Saturday (May 1st) to say "Hello" during my signing event there! I'll be signing books at their "Free Comic Book Day Lite" event from 10:00 AM until at least 5:00 PM! Packrat Comics is a fantastic store, and there will not only be a ton of free comics available, but I'll also be bringing some rare treats from my personal comic vault, too!
Thanks all! I'll be in touch soon with another update... and perhaps even some new peeks at some previously unseen art from the book!
Representing Team BUTTS IN SEATS,
IMPORTANT: We Need Your Photo
20 days ago
– Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 07:48:03 AM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
26 days ago
– Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 03:34:57 PM
Truly... thank you.
Those of you who've seen any of the interviews that Tony and/or I have been doing across the Internet over the last few weeks (several of them have been saved to my YouTube channel HERE under the "Podcasts of Note" playlist -- feel free to subscribe!) may have heard us say that this Kickstarter campaign was exceeding all expectations.
Now that the campaign has finished with $135,392 in presales, 2,357 backers, and 17 Stretch Goals unlocked... let me reiterate not only how much this campaign has exceeded all out expectations, but, again, how THANKFUL we all are for your support.
So, what's next? Watch this space...
At this point funds are being collected by Kickstarter, and I, at least, will be celebrating by heading over to Source Point Press headquarters this weekend to help them finish moving into their new office space.
After I get back, editor Drena Jo and I will begin doing a final pass on all the art and lettering on the book (with Tony, of course) before sending it to Source Point Press Art Director Josh Werner and the crew to start putting the files together and getting the book ready for print.
(Right now over 90% of the art is finished, with the lettering being completed as I type this.)
Through these updates we will keep you posted on the process of the book being printed and delivered -- and perhaps even share some preview art and process pictures -- so please make sure to keep an eye on these messages and at least take a glance at them when they're sent. I promise not to send too many as to overwhelm you.
A note about (and from) the team...
Before I head out for now, I want to take a moment to show recognition to our "internal team" who has been working on this book with me and Tony Schiavone for the past year: The aforementioned editor "The Boss" Drena Jo, "Gimmick Attorney" Mike Dockins, "Dependable" Dave Silva, and "The Queen of Social Media" Laurie Schiavone-Engel all were instrumental in making the creation of this book -- and the execution of the campaign -- such a positive process.
Finally, here's a note from the most valuable member of our team... Tony's best friend Bug:
There's really no way to follow that, so I'm going to wrap this up for now... but I'll be in touch again soon!
Representing Team BUTTS IN SEATS,
Are you getting what you want? Including all the Stretch Goal bonuses?
29 days ago
– Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 06:02:07 AM
Because this is the final countdown!
As I type this we have ten hours left in the campaign for BUTTSIN SEATS: THE TONY SCHIAVONE STORY, and we cannot thank you all enough for your support on this campaign! This is a quick final reminder of a few things as we approach these final hours of this campaign (which ends TODAY at Noon EDT)!
1) To get all 17 of the Kickstarter Exclusive Stretch Goal bonuses and add-ons, your pledge must include the Kickstarter Exclusive DeluxeHardcover. If you want all the free bonus items (the pin, the bonus comic, the variant cover, the signed bookplate, etc) and your pledge doesn't include the hardcover, please make sure to adjust your pledge (using the "Manage" option) to adjust accordingly. (And, hey, it's totally cool if you just want the softcover edition! We appreciate and respect that! This is just a friendly last-minute reminder so there's no surprises or ill will later, friends!)
2) The Kickstarter Exclusive Hardcover Edition of the book will never be made available again after this campaign ends and will not be available for purchase in stores, etc. If you want an extra one as a gift for someone else, to keep, or -- let's be honest here, friends -- just as an investment, you can add the appropriate funds to your pledge and will then be able to put the extra items in your BackerKit once we send that out after the campaign ends. Here's the Add-On chart should you wish to "treat yo'self." And, yes, if you get two Kickstarter Exclusive Hardcover Edition copies of the book, you get two sets of all the Stretch Goals bonuses, too!(Two pins, two bonus comics, etc.)
3) Funds will be collected after the campaign ends, and then in a few weeks when the dust settles we'll you'll get a link to the BackerKit so you can finalize your order. In the meantime, and even after that, we will keep you updated on the production of the book via these updates, so please continue to read these, OK? We won't send them out too often -- just often enough to keep you in the loop -- and I'll make sure to include some cool sneak peek images and such of the production process as I can!
Again, THANK YOU for your support everyone! If you want to give the campaign a last push, feel free to share this link: